Warning for all parents/grandparents, a friend sent this to me and I
thought it was important enough to send on.....we all know someone
with children -
Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle who is just 4 years old, was
rushed to the ER by her father for being severely lethargic and
incoherent in her classroom.He was called to her school by the school
secretary who said that she was 'VERY VERY SICK ' !
He told me that when he arrived at her classroom, Halle was barely
sitting in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up and when he
looked into her eyes, she couldn't focus them.
He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the closest ER, and
then called me. When he got there, they ran blood test after blood
test and did x-rays,every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count
was normal, nothing was out of the ordinary. When I arrived at the
ER, the doctor there told us that he had done everything that he
could do so he was transferring her to Saint Francis
Hospital for further tests.
Right as we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher arrived at the
ER and told us that after questioning Halle 's classmates, she had
found out that our little girl had licked liquid hand sanitizer off
of her hands !!
Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it makes sense.. These days they
have all kinds of different scents and flavours and when you have a
curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things into their
When we arrived at the Saint Francis' Hospital ER, we told the ER
Doctor there to check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get
weird looks, but they did it.
The results showed her blood alcohol level was 85% - six hours
after we first took her. There's no telling what it would have been
if we would have requested it at the first ER.
Since then, her school and a few surrounding schools have taken the
liquid hand sanitizers out of all the lower grade classes, but
what's to stop middle and high schoolers from ingesting this stuff?
After doing research on the Internet, we found out that it only takes
about 3 squirts of the stuff ingested to be fatal to a toddler.
For her blood alcohol level to be so high, it would be like someone
her size drinking 120 proof liquor. So PLEASE PLEASE don't
disregard this because we don't ever want another family to go
through what ours has gone through.
Please send this to everyone you know who has children or are
planning to have children.
It doesn't matter what age. This could affect anyone of them.